East West Entertainment LLC was a company based out of Brooklyn, New York, and (presumably) later North Hollywood, California, and established in 2004. They are known to distribute, as well as other "dollar store" DVDs (such as the Asterix movies), the English dubs of Dingo Pictures movies. They sometimes had poorly transferred public domain cartoons, but Goldie: Abenteuer im Zauberwald was the only release by East West to have trailers for other DVDs as a bonus. They were ripped from Playhouse Classics VHS Tapes as the Pocahontas and Mouse Police DVDs have a blank version of their logo (with additional text). One DVD released by East West, "The Bremen Town Musicians", is known to contain a 1959 West German version instead of the Dingo version, with the English dub only being available on two DVDs released in France (Fun Kid's) and Germany (Art Media) that use the same art assets as the East West DVD.
On Tuesday, October 16, 2007, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for EAST WEST ENTERTAINMENT LLC. The USPTO has given the EAST WEST ENTERTAINMENT LLC trademark serial number of 77305492. The current federal status of this trademark filing is ABANDONED - FAILURE TO RESPOND OR LATE RESPONSE. The correspondent listed for EAST WEST ENTERTAINMENT LLC is Robert B.G. Horowitz, Esq. of BAKER & HOSTETLER, 45 Rockefeller Plaza, New York NY 10111. The EAST WEST ENTERTAINMENT LLC trademark is filed in the category of Computer & Software Products & Electrical & Scientific Products The description provided to the USPTO for EAST WEST ENTERTAINMENT LLC is pre-recorded DVDs.
Their website was shut down in 2012. In 2016, the domain was bought by TIME Magazine up until the end of the year.
Films distributed by East West Entertainment
- Many people have assumed that East West Entertainment was responsible for creating the English dubs of Aladin, Wabuu, and Die Bremer Stadtmusikanten, however it was revealed recently that Art Media was actually responsible for them.
- Most East West DVDs of Dingo movies are known to have two versions, one with bonus cartoons and one without.
- The cover for Dingo's Pocahontas leaves the Art Media logo on the spine of the case.
- Contact Us. East West Entertainment. Archived from the original on 2006-10-23.
- Lynch, Mike (2006-11-01). DVD CARTOON COVER ART. World of Cartoons. Retrieved on 2020 November 25.
- Steve Banes. LinkedIn. Retrieved on 2020 November 25.
- EAST WEST ENTERTAINMENT LLC. USPTO.report. US Patent and Tradmark Office. Retrieved on 2020 November 25.